Series: American Queen Trilogy #2
Published by Self-Published on 03/07/2017
I’ve been many things.
I’ve been a son and a stepbrother. An Army captain and a Vice President.
But only with Him am I a prince. His little prince.
Only with Maxen and Greer does my world make sense, only between them can I find peace from the demons that haunt me. But men like me aren’t made to be happy. We don’t deserve it. And I should have known a love as sharp as ours could cut both ways.
My name is Embry Moore and I serve at the pleasure of the President of the United States…for now.
This is the story of an American Prince.
Spoiler Alert: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO REVIEW THIS BOOK.
Sorry y’all, but I finished this book nearly a week ago and I have been unable to make good on any of the following:
- Start another contemporary romance read
- Stop thinking about that fucking cliffhanger ending
- Stop obsessing over ALL THE THINGS Embry and Ash
- Writing this review
Seriously though, I’m not even mad about what has been going on since finishing American Prince. I am quite happy in my misery over the sexy, intriguing and attention grabbing story that has unfolded in the second installment of this trilogy. I’m definitely not saying that I am happy over what has transpired between our beloved Embry, Ash and Greer, but I am so glad that I did not pass up the opportunity to read this book. You shouldn’t either, and here is why:
- Intrigue: this book has it in spades. God, the whole deck is spades if you must know. If you thought you were left full of anxiety after American Queen, just hang on tight because you are in for one hell of a story. I was enthralled at every twist and turn as this story unfolded and I am left with so many questions and will be waiting very impatiently for the conclusion.
- Sex: chapter 17. That is all. Actually, no, it’s not. Just read it. READ IT.
- Love Story/Back Story: it is no secret that I love reading MM romance. And while the overall story arc is one of a MMF triad, this installment reads most like a MM story. I was GLUED to my kindle as I got to experience every single delicious encounter between Ash and Embry and see how their relationship began and evolved. I LOVED IT. It was sweet and romantic as well as angst-filled and HOT. It was so very, very well done.
- Characters: Sierra Simone has done such an incredible job with these characters. Because of my history with this authors work (re: Priest) I’m left doubting myself, maybe I’ve just missed something in my previous experience…because, damn. These characters are SO developed and SO engaging but not overdone or overworked. They’re multifaceted yet still very mysterious. Just when you think you’ve got them figured out, they surprise you. I just cannot get over it. I can’t. So good. So, so good.
I think it is pretty obvious that I’m definitely going to recommend that you read this book. If you’re a masochistic reader, go ahead and start the series now. The conclusion is not due out until August which means there is plenty of time for re-reads of American Queen and American Prince. We’ll probably need it because I have a feeling Ms. Simone is going to bring her A-game with American King and we’re going to need to be prepared.